High DHA Berry Frutol 225ml is available by Pharmax.
Features & benefits
• Ideal for pregnancy and lactation
• The real fruit puree and forest berries means that there is virtually no fish odor or taste
• Formulated to provide high levels of DHA from finest pharmaceutical grade fish oil
• Each serving contains total anthocyanins equivalent to 1/8 cup (28g) of fresh berries
• Prebiotic oligosaccharides are used as emulsifiers
• Pharmax’s patented emulsification process (WisdOM-3TM) leads to faster and a quantitatively greater absorption of long chain fatty acids
• Independently tested for PCBs, dioxins and furans, PAHs, and the absence of detectable levels of mercury and other heavy metals.
Studies show that a minimum intake of 1,000mg of DHA and an optimum of 2,400mg per day is required during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy, and a minimum of 2,400mg and an optimum of 3,600mg of DHA in the third trimester of pregnancy. Similarly, during lactation a minimum intake of DHA of 1,000mg is necessary to ensure optimal DHA deposition in the brain and neural tissues of the neonate.
It is also now known that DHA has significant anti-inflammatory properties, provides benefits in depressive disorders and improves cognitive function.